The most attractive, informative site on the web will do nothing for the organization that sponsors it if visitors cannot figure out how to use it. A useful web site must let users know how to access content, how to use any interactive features and what to do next. If it does not, visitors will only know how to do one thing: leave. Read more…
Guild Development is a local web firm searching for an outstanding web developer in the Chattanooga area to be responsible for website development and quality assurance testing. You will work closely with graphic designers and templaters to work on varied projects in a fast paced environment. Flexibility, tolerance and an open mind are all required. Most work is completed using custom WordPress applications, with some exceptions, so familiarity with this CMS is a must.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and other members of the Project to complete projects on time.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development.
- Work with clients and the Project Manager to build and refine website content
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the WordPress development community.
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience using PHP
- A good working knowledge of SQL
- Web development experience without a “know it all” attitude (see the SNL IT guy)
- Development experience using WordPress
- Experience developing and implementing custom WordPress projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Please send a portfolio of your recent work and resume to email@example.com
Many consumers use their smart phones to access the Internet. Because of this, many website owners have built mobile friendly versions have reaped the rewards. On the other hand, some business owners have been slow to adapt, and have been left behind. For this reason, an entrepreneur must have a website with mobile users in mind. Here are six of the most significant trends in mobile website design. Read more…
Search engine optimization is something that more and more people are becoming aware of, and if you want to make sure that your business is getting the attention that it needs, it is something that you need to pay attention to. SEO involves making use of the search engines to help people find you. If you can make your business or your service more attractive to the search engines, they will lead more people to you. How can you make sure that your business is choosing the right words to optimize? Read more…
Web design is always in flux, and you have to predict which design trends will be popular in the year to come if you want a successful website. While some trends might appear on the radar spontaneously, here are five growing trends you can use to make your website pop. Read more…